We have a very wide range of laminated veneer lumber / timber - our customers choose a type and size of the timber, according to their own wishes and recommendations of our specialists, taking into account features of the model of a wooden house, its destination and climatic conditions
7 advantages of the house made of veneer lumber from the house made of logs
5 advantages of laminated veneer lumber compared to whole logs
We advise you to take into consideration when choosing the type of house, that the walls of a
wooden house would be:
Let's start with the favorable differences of houses made of a laminated veneer lumber from houses of a round log:
1. Walls of a wooden house of a laminated veneer lumber does not require additional finishing either outside or inside - such house has an elegant appearance by itself, whereas, the external finish should be done in a wooden house made of round logs, otherwise, the house will resemble a traditional hut with dusty crowns.
2. Due to the tight fit, and thanks to its special profile, the laminated veneer lumber greatly exceeds the log on the degree of thermal insulation.
3. The wooden house of the laminated veneer lumber is more reliable, since high precision of lumber profiling eliminates possibility of distortions and inconsistencies.
4. If over time, some cracks would occur in the timber, in the laminated veneer lumber, the cracks will be much smaller in depth and width than in the round log - it is due to the nature of the timber internal stress.
5. Wooden house of laminated veneer lumber will be built faster than log wooden house, because the house of laminated veneer lumber is constructed as a type of the children's designer
6.The shrinkage of the wooden house of laminated veneer lumber is less than the shrinkage of the log wooden houses.
7. Form of the lumber is such that the rain and moisture penetrate less between lumbers than between round logs.
5 main advantages of laminated veneer lumber
Finnish professionals believe: no matter what type of wooden house you prefer, the lumber should be only glued!
The fact is that we produce wooden houses of laminated veneer lumber according to the most advanced technologies and, therefore, those houses have both excellent exterior quality and the highest performance.
1. Shrinkage of the House
The perfect quality of the laminated veneer lumber is achieved due to the fact that we optimally pull together and glue it, thanks to our clear and high-precision calculations.
The unique features that our laminated veneer lumber are achieved due to the special bonding technology, in which the adjacent layers of wood collected in the timber have different directions of wood fibers, which makes the laminated veneer lumber more stable to the perception of large loads.
Shrinkage occurs in all buildings of laminated veneer lumber / timber in the first year of operation, immediately after installing of the hot circuit and after the first dry season. It takes place for the following reasons:
In order to ensure that shrinkage of the house there has occurred uniformly, the structure must be carefully checked and adjusted by professionals twice during the first year of operation.
2. Cracks in the House
Wood is a natural material and no wooden production, even with using of the most recent technologies cannot prevent occurrence of cracks in walls made of round logs.
Wooden houses of laminated veneer lumber, dried, sawn and glued correctly, will not crack over time; even if it happens, it will not affect the quality and reliability of the house.
Also, you should know that the darker the color of the house you choose, the more intense it will attract the sun's rays. Therefore, the southern side of the house is exposed to the appearance of cracks in a greater degree.
3. Finishing Work
The house of the laminated veneer lumber does not require labor-intensive interior finishing work. The modern wooden house does not have the disadvantages - its walls are flat and smooth. The walls of wooden houses of the laminated veneer lumber look like a monolith, and a large load carrying capacity of laminated structures allows embodying in timber the most daring architectural solutions.
4. Thermal Performance
Houses of the laminated veneer lumber have the highest thermal insulation characteristics that are considerably superior those of the houses made of any other building materials.
5. Strength of Adhesive Joint
Strength of Adhesive Joint greatly exceeds the strength of the wood itself. Constructions and houses of laminated veneer lumber may be very large, because the laminated board can be of any length, and it is possible to cover large spans between the walls and design free any spaces with large areas.